Jessica Rudd is doing it her way

Jessica Rudd is doing it her way

Businesswoman Jessica Rudd — daughter of one of Queenslander’s richest women Therese Rein and former prime minister Kevin Rudd — is letting her own investments tick over.

The rental property has sentimental value, having been bought for $332,000 by Ms Rudd and her investment fund manager husband Albert Tse the year before they married.

The spacious 114sq m two bedroom unit is in Norman Park — close to where her parents lived at the time — and has come up for rental at $450 a week ($20 less than they were asking just two years ago).

Since buying the unit, Ms Rudd and Mr Tse have gone on to make millions off their work in eCommerce and fund management respectively.

Ms Rudd sold off 45 per cent of her successful Jessica’s Suitcase eCommerce retail business to Australian Stock Exchange listed tech firm eCargo (ECG) a year ago for stock. The China-based firm then announced it had bought the remaining 55 per cent of Jessica’s Suitcase three months ago. No figure was released but it was reported to be a deal involving $5m cash and stock.

MORE: Is this Australia’s luckiest property?

Aussie castle with hydro plant firing on all cylinders

$1.9m for Brisbane home on tiny block

The couple had spent five years in Beijing where Ms Rudd became known as “a key opinion leader an important attribute in the world of eCommerce in China”, according to ECG executive chairman John Lau.

The couple moved back to Brisbane in 2014 when they bought a $1.07m five bedroom home in Fairfield, before upgrading to a sprawling 1920s home in Chelmer that they paid $2.18m for three years ago.


Source link